After months of preparation, The Rossendale 60’s Festival 2016 is now taking shape. The programme provides a wide variety of 60’s themed events at a number of venues. So dust off your flairs, dig out your miniskirt and prepare yourself for a Fab and groovy weekend of music, art and culture that will take you back to the swinging 60’s. Throughout the valley there is lots happening to get excited about. Here are just some of the highlights.
FRIDAY 9TH – Launch Night
- The Whitaker Rawtenstall will have the children from the Wonderful Whitaker project launching the Festival weekend with performances of 60’s music with Sean Ruane from 6.30pm and Kelly’s Heroes playing 60’s favourites from 7.30pm
- The ELR Buffer Stop at Rawtenstall Station will have live 60’s themed music from 7.00pm
- The Artisan Rawtenstall has the brilliant and authentic 60’s band ‘Original Replica’ headlining from 9.30pm
- TESCO, Rawtenstall will be hosting DJ Pete Sweetmore who will be playing your chosen music from his 60’s Jukebox from 10.00am
- The Artisan, Rawtenstall is staging a 60’s open mic session Saturday afternoon, with BBQ outside (weather permitting) and a further 60’s influenced cover band on Saturday night.
- The Whitaker, Rawtenstall will be staging ‘Whitstock’, and The Threetles will again be headlining
- The ELR Buffer Stop at Rawtenstall Station will have live 60’s themed music in the Buffer Stop Bar from 7.00pm
- The Crown Inn, Bacup will be staging a live 60’s influenced band on Saturday night
- The Whitaker, Rawtenstall will be continuing their offer with lots more entertainment and featuring ‘The Clog Market’ in the grounds of Whitaker Park from 10.00am offering a range of retro, vintage and hand-made products
- Bacup Cricket Club is hosting ‘Scoot Rossendale’, an event exclusively for scooter fans, and will be offering food, stalls and great music from the band ‘The Inciders’ and DJ Keiron Woodward. The event kicks off at 12.00
- The Boo Theatre, Waterfoot is holding ‘Baby Boogie’, a unique sensory experience for babies and toddlers involving 60’s music with a psychedelic atmosphere on Sunday afternoon
- The Artisan, Rawtenstall will be holding a mini vintage market and vinyl record sale in the afternoon, and in the evening DJ Matt playing 60’s Soul, Motown, Mod and Ska on strictly 7″ vinyl.
- The Crown Inn, Bacup will be continuing their 60’s weekend on Sunday afternoon with a DJ playing your favourite 60’s music.
The now traditional 60’s themed window dressing competition which will be taken up by shops in a number of towns, so look out for the displays
There is still time for you to be part of this amazing festival. So if you have an idea for a 60’s themed event, please contact Barry at email@example.com
For further details on line, go to the Festival blog at www.rossendale60sfest.wordpress.com